Find a role that fits your gifts
Worship + 2
We want everyone who calls First Alliance their home church to:
- Commit to a weekly worship service (8:15, 9:30 or 11:00am)
- Participate in a Growing Group
- Join a Serving Group
We have so many opportunities for serving, both within FAC and with our Local Partners! Choose the one that best fits your gifts and passions.
Guest Services Team
Whether it is serving a cup of coffee, giving a high five at the door, or directing a new family to appropriate children’s areas, our Guest Services Team is ready to serve you every Sunday.
Guest Services is the first point of contact for visitors to our church. We get to partner with what God is doing in people’s hearts and help define their first experiences at First Alliance. We also love to help our church family by answering questions and hosting services!
Most volunteers serve on a monthly rotational basis. Want to join us? Currently we need:
Coffee bar hosts
Welcome center hosts
Back door greeters
Curious about what role you may enjoy most?
- Ushers help people find seats and welcome them to the sanctuary. They also record the attendance count.
- Greeters welcome guests and answer questions at our church doorstep.
- Hosts work at our welcome center to greet guests and hand out our FAC gift baskets! They direct guests to different parts of the building for ministries and collect visitor contact info so church staff can follow up with guests.
- Coffee bar attendants host the coffee area, restocking cups and creamers and brewing coffee to ensure a fresh supply all morning long.
- The Parking Team directs traffic flow and ensures our guests and church family have a good experience from the moment they drive on the property. They are also part of the Safety Team.
We give you all the tools and training you need for each of these roles, and times and dates are flexible to fit your volunteer availability. Please contact Bethany Donahue to get started! We look forward to serving with you!
If you are an instrumentalist or vocalist and are interested in serving as a part of the worship team, we would love to connect with you. Most worship team members are scheduled one week a month, which involves some personal preparation, a Wednesday night practice, and Sunday morning services. Contact Zeke Friedeman if you are interested.
We have several great opportunities to plug in with tech ministry at FAC! If you’d like to participate in our Sunday morning experience through any of the following positions, we are more than happy to train and equip you to be a part of ministry in a “behind the scenes” capacity.
- Audio: We need some more audio volunteers to run sound for our Sunday morning services. Our audio volunteer is responsible each week for both the sanctuary audio as well as what goes out to the broadcast on all platforms!
- Computer: If you have ever wanted to try your hand at running the graphics on the projectors, your help would be much appreciated! Minimal training is required, but it is an important position that requires concentration and timing!
- Director: We’d love to add a few members to the director team. This team both controls the camera angles and switches between the different cameras that are shown on the broadcast each Sunday. This a very active position and allows for those in our congregation not able to come in person to have a great online experience and also serves as a common way that people check out FAC before attending in person.
- Photography: If you have previous experience in photography or would like to learn, we’d love to have you join this team! We provide you with the camera, you just spend the morning taking pictures of different ministries and moments that take place! It’s a fun way to use your gifts AND see all the different things that go on over the course of a Sunday at FAC.
People in these roles serve one Sunday a month and we’d love to have you! Contact Zeke Friedeman for more information.
Facility, Office, and Grounds Team
We are always looking for help inside and out:
- Moving furniture
- Event setup
If you’re interested, contact the church office to get plugged in!