24 Hour Prayer Guide
24 Hour Prayer Movement
First Alliance Church, along with 28 other churches in Lexington, have joined together to provide unceasing, 24/7 prayer for the city of Lexington and beyond. FAC has committed to pray on the second Monday of each month for 24 hours. Let us continue to ask God to add more churches as we faithfully follow His guidance!
We hope this prayer guide leads you into an intimate prayer time with Jesus as you intercede for churches, Lexington, and the world. Boldly ask God to turn every heart towards Him, continuing in the work of spiritual revival, awakening, and renewal. Together we are interceding for God’s miraculous intervention in every aspect of the lives and institutions in our city and beyond.
Thank you for praying expectantly for God to transform our community through praying churches! We believe that God hears passionate prayer!
Take 4 deep, cleansing breaths. Invite the Holy Spirit to quiet your heart and your mind. As you inhale and exhale consider internally saying the following phrases.
Inhale: Come, Holy Spirit.
Exhale: Make me aware of Your presence.
Spend time giving God glory and thanking Him for who He is and what He has done in your life! What specific blessings are you praising Him for today?
Psalm 105:1-2 “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!”
1 Peter 1:3-4, NIV “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.”
Is there anything you need to confess to the Lord or any burden you need to lay down? Spend time allowing the Lord to search your heart and cleanse you.
Psalm 139:23-24, NIV “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalm 46:10, NLT “Be still and know that I am God!”
Pray that the Holy Spirit would give you the prayers to pray as you intercede for the following requests. Use the scripture provided to guide you.
1 Timothy 2:1-6, NIV “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
Jude 20, NLT “Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Pray for Our Church
Galatians 5:14, NIV “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Isaiah 56:7, NIV “These I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be expected on my altar. For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.”
- Pray for Pastor Paul, the board and the staff. Pray for clarity and deep trust as they wait on God’s leading for FAC’s future regarding space issues and hiring a youth pastor.
- Pray for FAC to become even more a House of Prayer. Pray for the Holy Spirit to stir up an army of intercessors.
- Next Generation
- Pray for children and students to have a deep hunger and an unquenchable thirst to follow Jesus. Pray for their identity to be fully rooted in Christ.
- Our Neighbors
- Pray for the body of Christ at FAC to live on mission in their spheres of influence.
Pray for Our City
1 John 3:18 NIV “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
James 3:17 NIV “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.”
- Pray for prodigal sons and daughters to return to the Lord. Pray for perseverance and persistence to contend in prayer for those that are lost or wandering. Joel 2:12, “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, return to Me, with all your heart.”
- Pray for churches and ministry leaders in Lexington to stay faithful and centered on teaching the Word of God. Pray for unity amongst believers.
- Community Leaders
- Pray for government, school/university, business, ministry and medical leaders to remain steadfast leading with wisdom and integrity.
Pray for Our World
1 Peter 4:12-14 NLT “Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad-for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.”
- Unreached People Groups
- Pray for a spiritual awakening amongst people around the world! Pray for a hunger and a thirst for the gospel and to pursue the person of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for those that are advancing God’s kingdom in closed and open access places to have strength and perseverance.
- Persecuted Church
- Pray for those being persecuted for the sake of the Gospel to encounter Jesus’ love and mercy in powerful ways.
What is the Lord saying to you or revealing to you? Pause, listen and wait on the Lord.
Psalm 25:4-5 NIV: “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”
Please consider sharing any prayers, verses or words you received from the Lord in the Prayer Journal.
“Now to the one who is able to keep you from falling, and to cause you to stand, rejoicing, without blemish before his glorious presence, to the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time, and now, and for all eternity. Amen.”