This sermon was preached by our Executive Pastor of Discipleship T Wright on Mark 15:33–37 and is part of our series Asking for a Friend.
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Has there ever been a time in your life when you’ve felt abandoned by God? If so, and if you feel comfortable sharing, how did impact your relationship with Him?
- How did he walk you through it? If still in it, and you feel comfortable sharing, how are you currently handling it?
- Do you feel like Jesus’s words on the cross, “into your hands I commend my spirit,” is a way forward when dealing with this type of experience?
- What would you say to someone who has felt or is feeling abandoned by God?
- Has there been a specific passage of Scripture that you’ve leaned on in these types of moments?