The sermon this morning was preached by Jeff Miller, our District Superintendent, on Acts 1 as a part of our focus on the Unfinished work of God around the world.
Life Group Discussion Questions
- What are some healthy ‘ruts’ for a Christian to become ‘stuck’ in?
- What are some healthy ‘ruts’ for a church to become ‘stuck’ in?
- In what ways is God challenging you to become more ‘dependent’ upon the Holy Spirit?
- How could we, as a collective church family, posture ourselves to become more ‘dependent’ upon the Spirit?
- In what ways might life’s demands and even church structure/programs hinder Jesus followers from being ‘deployed’ as light in a lost world?
- Who is in your Circle of Influence that, to the best of your knowledge, needs Jesus.
- Come up with 3-5 names (co-workers, neighbors, family members, friends & acquaintances, etc.). Pray for God to open up ‘doors of opportunity’ with them (Colossians 4:2-6).
- Church is not an end in itself but a means to an end for the growing glory of our King and the advancement of His Kingdom. How might our church/group collaborate with others who also love Jesus to better ‘do it together’?
- In Matthew 28:18-20 (The Great Commission) Jesus says that when we ‘make disciples’ He will be clearly and obviously with us (“… and I will be with you to the end of the age”). It has also been said that if we aren’t making disciples we really cannot legitimately claim to be disciples (Jesus told us to do what He did/does). So, how are you being a disciplemaker?
- Servants of the Lord don’t just appear, they are ‘developed’. How are you helping to mold others to be faithful servants of Jesus? How could the church collectively step up and develop the next waves of Spirit-filled servants?