Part of our series The Horizontal Gospel
This sermon was preached by Zach Meerkreebs, our Pastor of Outreach.
- In what ways does Jesus address the issue of racial injustice through his teachings and/or actions?
- Read back through Ephesians 1-2 as a small group, what stands out? In what ways does Paul’s message in the letter speak to the issues we are facing today?
- What are some of the ways you are willing to work in your church to begin building ongoing relationships, Christian community, and space for honest dialogue about racial tensions that exist in our society? If you don’t think there should be a space for this kind of dialogue, why not?
- How does working against racism and for justice connect to our Christian discipleship?
- What is the Spirit asking you to do? What does obedience look like in the days ahead as you grapple with what you’ve heard from the pulpit over the past four weeks?