Hello First Alliance family,
We hope you had a great 4th of July weekend! It was wonderful to be together Sunday, hear from Pastor Tim, and worship with one another. Our team wanted to say thank you for your participation in last week’s item drive for our local partner, Natalie’s Sisters, as they care for women in our city who are sexually exploited. Not only are we serving our teammates in our city in very tangible ways but we are establishing more solid collaborative relationships with those we call a partner.
Along with our connectivity with local partners, I wanted to pass along some specific prayer requests and updates for some of the international workers that call First Alliance home. Please lift up these things in prayer…
- The Manghams (Creative Access Countries) will be heading back overseas after a long stay “home” during Covid-19. Pray for great time with their kids that are living in the states as they prepare to return overseas and lead through this unique time of ministry in their area as they serve as their region’s leadership couple.
- The Henry family (Creative Access Country) recently lost a beloved young teammate and Thomas is leading out as the primary point person on the ground dealing with authorities, consulates, organizational leaders, her parents, and the network of workers here. Pray for them as they lead through this tragedy and for them to rest and refuel as they get away.
- The Walker family (serving in Bible translation in Tanzania) are currently stateside and looking for a home to stay in for the fall. Please pray for provision of the perfect home in the Lexington area for their family for their stay here.
- The Waggoners (serving with WGM in Albania) have the opportunity to use the recent show, The Chosen, as an evangelistic outreach to their community through translating it into Albanian and utilizing social media and other avenues to invite those to watch! Please pray for great fruit through this resource!
- The Andrus family (serving with WGM in Kenya) had just left for their new home at the peak of Covid-19 and have had a unique first season of ministry in their new context. Please pray for them to continue to settle in, experience great community, and for their ministry to be blessed!
These requests are just from a few of the many workers all over the world that call your church home. Along with the group that we have had the joy of sending and supporting, there are many folks within our church that are currently discerning a call to missions. Would you pray for our church to raise up more workers and to continue to become a sending and multiplication center for Gospel advancement! We are praying the prayer Jesus challenged us to pray in Luke 10:2:
The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Partnering with you in God’s Mission,