First Alliance family,
We are continually blessed and encouraged by you all as a staff and want to say “thank you”! We see how you all are engaging through this unique season and participating in our studies, classes, worship services, and our outreach opportunities. We are grateful!
As a church, we value many things. We are celebrating engagement online through our new and improved streaming on faclex.tv, our church’s participation in outreach opportunities with our local partners, and seeing the community thrive in socially-distanced groups or out in the parking lot on Sundays. Along with these practical things in this last season, our church has established a list of “Core Values” which are things we believe God highly values so we want to as well. The last three on our list (check all of them out here) are Resource-Generous, Mercy-Moved, and Mission-Driven. Here are some ways we have been and can continue to live out these three values…
- Resource-Generous – If you remember, at the beginning of this season of Covid-19 we asked for our church to continue to give to FAC’s general fund and we shared that we would be actively using funds from that account to meet our neighbors and the nations needs through prior partnerships that we had explored and established. Because of your generosity, we have been able to give away approximately $12,000 to local churches in our area through a strong collaboration with the Ohio Valley District of the C&MA. These funds have supported church plants in Nashville, TN and Delaware, OH along with other established churches in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Bowling Green. Your generosity has enabled us to offer relief to churches that are loving their people and cities well during this trying time.
- Mercy-Moved – During this season, we have also been able to be the hands and feet to folks in our city. We have loved those around us through meals for medical professionals, partnered with our schools to provide meals and relief for specific families unique needs (beds, an oven, and more!), and we’re currently working with our local partner, Natalie’s Sisters, to equip them with items to love women who are being sexually exploited on the streets of our city. If you would continue to live into our value of being “mercy-moved” and would like to be a part of our item drive this Wednesday, July 15th, from 1-5pm, here are the items we are looking for…
- Items for Snack Bags
- Protein – peanut butter and crackers, Vienna sausages, protein bars, tuna or chicken salad packets or kits, slim jims, jerky
- Sweet – candy bars, pudding, snack cake
- Fruit – cup of fruit, applesauce, raisins
-Salty – chips, popped popcorn, crackers
- Travel-Size Hygiene Items
- Soap or shower gel
- Baby wipes (or washcloths)
- Additional items like tissues, chapstick, etc.
- Other Specific Needs
- Lunch bags to fill
- Female flip-flops of any size
- Items for Snack Bags
- Mission-Driven – Our missions at FAC is “Love God, Love Others, and Live Fully Engaged in Christ’s Great Commission starting in Lexington, Kentucky.” First Alliance Church, well done! Let’s keep moving! There is so much to be done, so many areas we must grow, and people that still need to hear about the good news of Jesus!
We are praying for you all and continually looking forward to hearing the stories of what God is doing in and through you. Thanks for living out these values!